July 21, 2016. MLERFi Immediate Past President Randall “Randy” Pinch announced the recipients of the 2014-2015 MLERFi grants. Through the fund-raising efforts of Lions throughout Massachusetts, MLERF was able to distribute $980,000 to Boston area research institutions.
Grants were awarded to the following institutions:
- Boston University Medical Center($170,000)
- Boston Children’s Hospital($140,000)
- Tufts University Medical Center($170,000)
- Joslin Diabetes Center($160,000)
- Schepens Eye Research Institute ($170,000)
- Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary ($170,000)
Dr. Lloyd P. Aiello of the Beetham Eye Institute at Joslin Diabetes Center accepted this years Presidential grant. The MLERFi Presidential grant award is made up of funds awarded by MLERFi as well as funds matched by Lions Club International Foundation. As a result Joslin Diabetes Center received $157,098.